The Importance of Effective Trade Show Staffing
Trade show season is upon us in all major North American cities. From New York, Las Vegas, Los Angeles to major cities north of the border, Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto. Companies preparing for a dynamic trade show tend to focus on having engaging give-aways, modern signage and branding, well-designed booths and marketing material to provide your visitors. The one component that ends up in the oblivion: your trade show booth personnel.
Recruiting and hiring professional brand ambassadors are paramount to successfully market your product or service at a trade show. Regardless of industry. Whether you are in the home improvement, automotive or alcoholic beverage industry, the trade show booth personnel promoting your product and engaging with attendees are critical! Brand ambassadors are highly trained in the art of establishing relationships that turn prospects into leads and then into buyers, and personifying your product’s quality and image.
You do not want just anyone manning your exhibit. Buzz Promotions strongly encourages companies to staff their booths with the best talent you can find. Smart, articulate and charming trade show brand ambassadors that can learn your business quick – a skill that not all people can quickly adapt to.
In order to truly execute an effective trade show marketing initiative, efficient staffing is key. However, in order to properly execute a marketing campaign, and launch your brand to the next level, you need a reputable marketing team behind you! Buzz Promotions takes the time to review each client individually and believes in your product (and ours), has superior communication and customer-service skills, and fully understands your objectives.
Helpful Tips on Choosing the Ideal Trade Show Booth Personnel
We do not recommend using volunteers to execute your trade show personnel. Trade show brand ambassadors have extensive training on experiential marketing and trade shows, products, goals, target audience and an effective and engaging approach. Here are some tips for effective trade show staffing, and creating a Buzz for your brand.
- Your trade show booth personnel must be friendly, lively and fully engaged in your company’s products and services. All brand ambassadors must be dressed to impress and well groomed. We ensure our roster shows up to all events in a professional manner.
- Basic on-site training for trade show staffing is mandatory, including a detailed guideline and script on how to educate the public about your business.
- Greet ALL attendees quickly and confidently. Have trade show personnel introduce themselves with a one-minute overview of your company and its benefits, ask questions to find out if the visitors are in fact your target audience, then spend another 30 seconds giving details on products or services and getting visitor information to ensure easy post event follow-up.
- Ensure all expectations are clear prior to your personnel arriving on-site. This includes brand ambassador dress codes, when to arrive, how long they’ll be required to work the booth, proper trade show etiquette (i.e. no eating, drinking or sitting down). Not 100% sure how to assess your needs? Buzz Promotions has you covered!
- Don’t understaff or overstaff your trade show exhibit. Staffing your booth with too many people may deflect visitors who may think your exhibit is too busy. On the flip side, if you under staff your booth, you run the risk of not having enough resources to pitch your business, answer questions, and accommodate breaks.
Most importantly, it is critical for you and your sales team to follow up with leads immediately via phone calls, emails, and invitations to discuss next steps. Don’t forget to update your website and social media with photos!
Have a trade show coming up? Get in touch with us today for top talent when it comes to trade show brand ambassadors and personnel!