Based in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Toronto and/or Montreal with opportunity to travel.
Are you obsessed with social media? Do you find yourself coming up with innovative ideas every day? Do you dream of working underneath a palm tree and dread the thought of a desk job? Buzz Promotions is a Vancouver-based fully remote event marketing agency offering a unique summer intern-ship with the opportunity to advance to a well-paid position. The training provided will be unpaid however we will negotiate a stipend for the hours worked and tasks completed (independent contractors working remotely). We’ve recently re-branded and expanded into Australia so we need someone dedicated and hard-working that wants to learn the ropes. We’re hiring 1-2 social media and marketing interns looking to get their foot in the door of the Event and Promotions industry or who dream of being able to work from anywhere. This internship entails assisting and implementing all marketing strategies essential for the growth of the company. Our ideal candidate is an innovative thinker who craves learning new skills and takes pride in tackling challenges. As an intern you will get to work with our director and marketing manager on real projects that will have an impact on us and on you. Our goal is to offer you a well-paid part-time remote position after your 3 month internship is complete. We are not another company looking for free/cheap labour. In fact, if you complete the internship, we will put together a portfolio of your projects that you can use for future endeavours.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to create a long term social media and marketing plan.
- How to track social media analytics report results and new ideas to our marketing team.
- The tools that allow a business to function remotely.
- How to grow a network through on-line and off-line events
- Additional SEO and WordPress skills.
- Inside knowledge of the events marketing industry with exclusive networking opportunities.
- Much more – you’ll be working closely with our team leaders.
- Maintain and grow Buzz Promotions current social media accounts
- Recommend and build a company presence on additional social media sites
- Attend networking events and client meetings/calls
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns and track effectiveness
- Assist in writing/editing marketing materials including articles, sale sheets, and presentations
- Update Buzz Promotions website using Content Management System (WordPress) and SEO
- Assist in off-line promotional development and marketing strategies
- Other duties assigned
Skills and Specifications:
- Current or recent student in business, media & communications, web design or event planning
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Fearless – not afraid to be a bold outside-the-box thinker.
- Love for using social networking sites and general.
- Desire to learn and contribute
- Knowledge of marketing principles and ability to apply new technologies to marketing principles
- Ability to solve problems, analyze systems and data and suggest appropriate solutions
- Highly self-motivated and able to work individually with direction
If this sounds interesting we want to hear from you. The position begins in early June and ends September 1st. Applications deadline is June 4th, 2015.
To apply please forward your resume and portfolio/samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org